Friday, June 20, 2014

EDUC 584...Final Reflections

This course has forever changed how I will view technology in the field of teaching. I had no idea that technology could be used in so many wonderful ways to enhance collaboration, student engagement, and overall learning.

I have learned to use so many new tools such as Google products, Blogger, Voicethread, Voki, Animoto, Padlet, Storyboard, just to name a few! I definitely plan on incorporating more of these digital tools into my teaching.

For next year, the two biggest changes that I plan on making is using Blogger to create a classroom blog for communication with parents, and participating in the Global Read Aloud. I know that both of these changes will enhance student learning in so many ways.

Technology can be daunting and overwhelming, even for those who are pretty tech-savvy. I promise you, though, that by taking baby steps and trying out some of the digital tools I have mentioned in this blog, you will slowly but surely grow to love and appreciate the benefits of using technology in your classroom.

As a final reflection for this course, I have created this word cloud using Tagxedo based on all of the words that I have used in this blog so far. You will notice "classroom", "technology", "share", "students", "creating", and "teacher" are some of the most frequently used (and most important) words so far...

2 comments:

  1. Your tagxedo came out beautiful! I also made one as my reflection, I love that you can type in the blog url and have the words generated for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenn, this is beautiful! Remember when Wordle was all the rage? Well I LOVE Tagxedo because you can put the words into a shape like you have done here. At the beginning of the year this year I put all my students' names into the shape of an elephant, because that is our mascot. I made them each a small one on card stock and gave it to them as a bookmark, The kids loved it! Perhaps if your school's mascot is a featured shape, you could do the same! Great job as always, Miss Larson!

    ReplyDelete