Tuesday, May 27, 2014

We're going on a wood hunt!

After showing my students the Animoto that I made out of their sight words. They begged me to make more. Today, we found the perfect opportunity to make another Animoto... a wood hunt!

We just started our science unit on wood and paper. Today we learned that there are different types of wood, and that many things are made out of wood.  Today's lesson asked students to go around the school, find things made out of wood, and write about one thing in their science journals. To my pleasure and surprise, my students asked me to take pictures of the wood things they found and make "another one of those movies" out of the pictures.

So here it is, our wood hunt Animoto!


What are some other fun ways you use Animotos or similar programs in your classroom?

2 comments:

  1. This was such a cute idea! I love how involved and engaged your students became in creating Animoto videos! Just imagine all of the other ideas those little ones will come up with to create more videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wood Animoto video! It's a great connection to our Literacy Project! It is so cute and exciting to see how quickly the kids get involved and connected to the technology in our classroom. Today my class was working on the final parts of our Animoto video and they were excited to share which science notebook page they wanted included our "video thing."

    ReplyDelete