Sunday, June 1, 2014

21st Century Class Books


One of my weekly activities with my kindergarteners is to do either interactive or shared writing about a common topic and then turn our writing into a class book. Generally each student creates one page of the book, I staple them all together, and there you have a class book that everyone loves to read!

http://foreverin1st.blogspot.com/2012_09_01_archive.html



 Thanks to technology, there is a new kind of class book (a digital story) out there that I am so excited to create with my students. Digital storytelling requires the use of some form of technology to tell your story. For my kindergarteners, digital storytelling involves creating a sequence of visual images (illustrated or photographed), and uploading the images into a digital story program.  Then you add transitions and voice narration and produce your digital story. Some programs that I have come across to create your digital story include iMovie (mac), Windows Movie Maker (Windows), WeVideo, VoiceThread, and Shadow Puppet. 

While I have not yet created my own digital story with my students, here are two examples that I found that were my inspiration for trying this with my students:

10 Little Rubber Ducks
Peace Book

Stay tuned for my digital story that I am creating with my students this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment